The last few print projects that I've been working on have had an epoxy finish on them. In this video I show how I prep and apply an epoxy finish to a piece of art.
After a few less than perfect attempts with different brands, I bought a starter kit of Art Resin to try. I'm really happy with the results as you can see in the video below. Now that I've done a few pieces, I'm confident that I can use this method and product and get consistently great results.
Below is a list of materials that I used for this project, with links where to get them:
- Art Resin: https://artresin.refersion.com/c/e9ef
- Rubber Gloves: http://amzn.to/1Mk5ie7
- Mixing Cups: http://amzn.to/1Mk5sST
- Stir Sticks: http://amzn.to/1Mk5ydc
- Small torch (A stick lighter also works): https://artresin.refersion.com/c/e9ef
- Wood Panels (This is an example of one I use often): http://amzn.to/1Mk5KZH
- Matte Medium (For sealing art): http://amzn.to/1Mk5ASm
- Acrylic Paint (This is a large set that I used, with lots of colors): http://amzn.to/1Mk5FFw
- Drop Cloth: http://amzn.to/1S3yP15
*The links above are affiliate links. They don't cost you anything to use, but help keep my ink cans full.